Zoo Open 365 Days A Year!
Explore at home or at the Zoo with one of the Scavenger Hunts below!
Click any of the links below download a .pdf Scavenger Hunter and get started!
Check out our awesome hunts!
Do you have something that you would like to share with a favorite animal here at the zoo? The Zookeepers are caring for our animals, and would love to hear from you!
You can be a Zoo Pal! Take a moment to draw a picture and write a letter to show you care for a favorite Mesker Park Zoo animal. Send it to us, and we will share them in an album in the Mesker Park Zoo Facebook page. Your artistic creations may even be selected by a Zookeeper to be read aloud & shown to the animal(s) while on our daily live Facebook stream. (Don’t forget to thank our Zookeepers for caring for the animals!)
We are offering many resources on our website to help you with your Zoo Pal project. We have added pictures of 15 popular Mesker Park Zoo residents to help you identify their names and faces, and some prompts to help you with your writings and drawings. We have also added many online weblinks so you can do & learn more about them, including websites, videos, virtual experiences, and downloadable activities. Check them out below!
Be a Zoo Pal! Create something beautiful for our zoo friends, and share them with us. Submit your artistic creations by scanning or photographing, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and age! Then watch our Facebook page for more. Have fun!
- Need some ideas for your letter?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- What would you tell this animal if you could speak its language?
- What would you like to tell the Zookeeper that cares for this animal at our zoo?
- Did you thank the Zookeeper for caring?
- What can we do to help these animals in the wild?
- What can we do to help our Earth home – yours and theirs?
- What is a cool fact about your animal?
- What is something you would like to know about the animal?
- Need some ideas for your drawing?
- Can you draw this animal?
- How does it look when eating, sleeping, playing, or grooming?
- What do you think the animal likes to eat?
- What might its young (babies) look like?
- In what kind of habitat does the animal live in the wild?
- What does a healthy Earth home look like?
- Does your animal have any animal friends?
- How does a Zookeeper care for the animal?
Educational Game Apps
Join Mesker Park Zoo on Zigazoo! Zigazoo is a very safe and fun social streaming app for kids! Zigazooers do video challenges and share them with friends. Challenge ideas come from zoos, children’s museums, and kid-friendly web content creators. Users can subscribe to these channels or to topic themes to get updates when new content is added. Videos can be made public or kept private. Join Mesker Park Zoo’s Zigazoo classroom for fun video challenges involving our zoo happenings, our animal habits and habitats, environmental actions, and more. Download the app, make an account, and enter our classroom code. Then, enjoy the zoo through our challenges! Join our classroom with this code: WFYTKN
Kahoot! is a game app that reinforces learning in a fun, competitive way. You can launch a competitive group game in the live classroom, or assign review games to your students to do independently. We’ve created many sets that apply to the animals at our zoo, or complement our conservation programs. Go online to www.create.kahoot.it. Search to discover game sets from “MeskerZoo”. Game sets are always in development, so check often for new ones or share your own with us! Students do not need an account. They will simply go to the app or to www.kahoot.it on their own devices and enter the PIN you give them once you launch a set into a game. Kahoot sets by MeskerZoo:
- Name the Animal!
- Cool Animal Facts
- Mesker Park Zoo Endangered Animals Facts
- Mesker Park Zoo Animals Fun Facts
- Community Interactions
- Nutrient and Energy Cycles
- Human Impacts to Environment
- Environmental Hazards to Health
- Waste Wanterland
- Climate Change
Quizlet is an interactive vocabulary app that teaches and reinforces learning. It provides students opportunity for independent study of vocabulary and concepts, and also allows for solo and group review games. We’ve created many sets that apply to the animals at our zoo, or complement our conservation programs. Go online to www.quizlet.com . Search to discover vocabulary sets from “MeskerZoo”. Game sets are always in development, so check often for new ones or share your own with us! Students will need their own account. They can use the app or to www.quizlet.com on their own devices to study the sets, and enter the PIN you give them once you launch a set into a game. Quizlet sets by MeskerZoo:
- Mesker Park Zoo Animals Cool Facts*
- Name that Mesker Park Zoo Animal!
- Name that Animal
- Animal Adaptations
- Conservation of Species
- Community Interactions
- Energy & Nutrient Flow
- Food Webs
- Food Chain Diagram
- Biosphere Levels
- Aquatic Ecosystems
- Climate Change